We actively search and recruit the best drivers in the industry. Experience is a must, as well as a strong work ethic and a passion to constantly exceed our customers’ expectations. We get our drivers home on the weekends and throughout the week when possible. We service the Midwest with our main lanes in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois and Michigan. We also go to points in the South and Southeastern US. We are constantly getting new opportunities. We offer a competitive pay package and clean, well maintained equipment.
What Our Drivers Say:
"River Valley Express is very family oriented. You are not treated as a number, but rather, as part of the family.They always show their gratification for the hard work you do. River Valley has a great team - in the office and all their drivers. They all take great pride in the jobs they do. River Valley also takes pride in having new and well-maintained equipment, and supporting the community through charitable events. I am very happy to work for such a great company." (Grant Rowland, RVE Driver)
"I am a senior driver at River Valley Express. I have been employed here for 13 years. It has always been an adventure working at RVE. I have been able to go to many different places and do many different things. I also have had to do many charitable events that RVE supports, such as The Special Olympics Truck Convoy and K-Tech Charity golf outing. River Valley Express is a family oriented company. I have really found a home here." (Jim Guyette, RVE Driver)
"I've been part of the RVE family for 19 years. I am proud to say I was their first female driver and longest term employee to date. Although I am retiring from the profession, I will always consider River Valley as my extended family. Throughout my entire employment, I valued the financial stability they provided, as well as the flexible schedule and balanced family life. If you're looking for a company who will support you and offer exciting opportunities, this is the place to be." (Carol Lucas, RVE Driver)
We also have limited availability positions for owner operators. We pay on percentage and try to work with you to the best of our ability to get what you need while staying within our customers needs. If you have a 10 year old truck or newer with a 47” king pin height, give us a call and let us know what you’re looking for. We may have a fit.
We are looking for experienced drivers to serve our customers out of the Central Wisconsin area. We have dry van as well as flatbed positions available. We require our driver to be safe, courteous and be skilled in communication and time management. We pay by the mile and our average week is between 2300-2500 miles. Because we encourage a balanced work and family life, we aim to get you home every weekend and throughout the week whenever possible.
- Operate within the Mid-West, South and Southeastern U.S.
- Assist with loading and unloading when required
- Trip planning skills
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- DOT and FMCSA compliance
- Load securement
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Three years minimum CDL experience
- No major violations within the past five years
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Provide 5 years verifiable work history
- Verifiable flatbed experience if applying for flatbed position
Pay Package Highlights
- Starting pay is 41 cents/mile with increases up to 48 cents/mile
- Extra stop/ pickup pay
- Performance bonus paid monthly 1 cent/mile
- Six paid holidays $125/day
- Restructured longevity bonus; paid on anniversary date
- Detention pay
- Extended wait pay
- Breakdown pay
- Authorized layover pay $125/day
- Vacation pay based on last eight weeks
- Health and dental insurance
- Simple IRA with match and HSA available
- Vacation: One week after first year; two weeks after third year; three weeks after sixth year
Thank you for your interest in joining the River Valley Express team. Please download our driver application, and once completed, please share with Lani via scan/email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax 715-355-8552, or mail to PO Box 405, Schofield, WI 54476.
- River Valley Express Employment Application (pdf)